Thursday, May 08, 2008

What is it with....

the movies, no not all the movies, but with the romantic comedies. They seem to make fun and mockery out of normal lives. Oh come on! I'm not getting frustrated once more, this is fact man. Let me ask you how many times have you travelled in a train? I bet many a times (most of you) and how many times have you met a nice-looking, sexy, and yet a gregarious girl? I bet the number will be tending to zero. In my case it is ZERO! I'm telling you it happens only in 'Jab we Met'. Now lately I've been revising some of the good movies in this genre, namely Notting Hill, Serendipity, When Harry met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, and my belief is strengthened. These movies are made just to make a mockery out of your life if you're single, and in case you're seeing somebody then they're made so as to force you into questioning your relationship. Questions like "Is he/she the ONE"?. Give me a break, cut the crap man! what is that supposed to mean?. I'll tell you. It means - go ahead, be brave, break-up, get upset, come back home, watch that movie again, lament, may be even cry, and then after you've watched that movie many a times realize how that movie makes you feel like a complete arse and then BINGO! moment of enlightement! you've been foxed.

If you don't concur, look around yourselves analytically, I'm sure you'll find quite a number of people who live in a very filmy-filmy dunia and you either find them talking nonsense most of the times or depresses. Well, yes, either ways they are talking nonsense!

So moral of the story -- "It happens only in the Movies".
(sorry for the cliche but it summarizes quite effectively!, and sorry for another abruptly ending post, but again who reads this blog anyways? :-) )

5 comments:

ajit shekhawat said...

Great post man !

Thats why I have stopped watching romantic comedies.

Kishore Pegu said...

It happens dude, in REAL life...trust me.. :)
and just keep your faith
he he heheheh

Samridh Sharma said...

In a lot of ways you do have a point, all these movies make your expectations go sky high n make u see life through a coloured lense. While reality maybe far from it.

But I guess the purpose of watching the movie isnt to see normal life ryt ? .. it gives you that glimmer of hope & maybe for an instant just makes you believe that life can be more than what it is.

Prakhar said...

"life can be more than what it is" - that's the catch :-)

Durga Srinivasan said...

:) when nothing happens in life :)i tend to live in filmy filmy duniya :))))))))
but YES the movies are never real life experience :) so they are interesting something which u never come across in real life ;))